Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rework

Rework is the new book by Jason Fried and David Hansson of 37 Signals, a software developer company.  They have succeeded in preciseley what Brunner highlighted in his "Do You Matter?" book - creating simple, intuitive, clear, and powerful products that customers love, without the hype.   Their services can probably be summarized with my favorite "No IT guy required" note on their list of benefits.  I'm not even done with the book yet (about 70% through), but it's so ridiculously great I cannot wait but to publish a review. 
And the review is simple:  wow.  Again, using someone else's words would do it better justice - Seth Godin's in this case - "Ignore this book at your own peril."  It's one of those works that opens your eyes wider the more you get into it, turns established dogmas upside down, and makes you go "how did I miss this, it just make so much sense."  Rework has a refreshing, even liberating feel about, as in this is the way we all need to work in the 21st century - we've experimented with whole lot of business models, company structures, ways of doing business, and here's what we've learned.  Skip the senseless waste of time, money, and resources, be honest, straightforward, strive to make people's lives easier and the commercial success will come.  I could go on and on, but... I need to finish the book.  This is one valuable read, so here I go...

1 comment:

  1. Hi George,
    this is the direct link to my hub about Clay Model video .

    http://hubpages.com/hub/Sculptural-car-design

    ReplyDelete