Monday, September 13, 2010

Decorative Glass Design

I decided to do this post out of my utter appreciation for beautifully crafted glassware pottery, vases, bowls, jars, etc.  Below I'm posting shots of glassware so great I could not resist taking pictures of it right in stores and galleries.  My wife and I love travel, and I can never get enough of the diversity and beauty of glass art around the world.

Here are some of these creations I run into during our trips.  While in California back in 05, we visited Carmel-by-the-sea, an incredibly lovely town south of the Bay Area.  The fairy tale-like decorations below kept me mesmerized:



In Monterey's aquarium, besides amazing ocean creatures, I could not get enough of these glass medusas and jelly fish:



In summer of 07 we toured the Northwest, one of my most favorite corners of our great country - Portland, Seattle, and all kinds of places in-between.  Here's some pottery I saw at their saturday  market downtown Portland:



And some dazzling color pallete in glassware I run into in one of the craft stores in Leavenworth, a Bavarian town surrounded by amazing Washington state mountains and forest:



Finally here are some of my favorite glass designs I saw in Victoria, BC - their downtown is probably one of the most fun, sight-seeing best-kept secrets we ever visited:

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos! You have so many good ones of the glass displays.

    ReplyDelete