Monday, January 3, 2011

Wide View Mirrors



















I just got our second wide view mirror for the new car.  Used the original Broadway mirror for years, and just can't live without it.  So here's a fundamental question in a category of "is it me, or am I missing something here":  Can anybody please tell me WHY no car manufacturer anywhere on earth supplies these kinds of mirrors on their cars?  Why is this an accessory?  Is it me, or does every standard mirror in every car or truck I've ever been in is a small piece of junk that's plain dysfunctional and dangerous?  "You're supposed to turn your head" is a one of those old-time cop-outs that you hear when automakers just refuse to go one tiny step further and design something that actually matters, doesn't cost extra, prevents a ton of accidents and saves lives.  No, they'd rather invest into gimmicky hi-tech blind-spot prevention systems, but completely overlook a virtually-no-cost low-tech solution like a wide mirror.  I guess no point about being cynical;  if we ever want to see this desperately missing change in future cars, we simply have to demand it.  Common BMW, are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment